Insurance Law Attorneys in San Francisco
Bad Faith Dispute Lawyers in California
Serving Clients in the San Francisco Bay Area, Throughout California and Nationwide
The San Francisco law firm of Pillsbury Levinson & Coleman, LLP, is a powerful legal advocate for California policyholders who have had problems with their insurers or been the victim of bad faith insurance practices.
Our team of insurance lawyers takes cases on behalf of individual policyholders, business policyholders, and those with employer-provided group policies. We handle complex insurance matters. Over the past 20 years, we've been instrumental in developing new law and expanding the application of existing legal precedent to achieve remarkable results in the field of insurance law.
Legal Services We Provide: While a majority of our cases involve trial court litigation , we are a full-service consumer insurance law firm. We provide legal counsel and coverage analysis for clients who have experienced problems with a policy, or who need to understand the scope of an existing policy. We assist clients through the appraisal process for property damage claims.
Problems With Insurers: There are a number of practices that constitute insurance bad faith . We handle any insurance disputes or claims, such as:
- Delay in payment
- Underpayment of claims and lowball offers
- Unfair claim denials
- Insurance broker or agent misrepresentations or negligence
- Unfair cancellation of an insurance policy
- Failure to defend against lawsuits in violation of the terms of an insurance policy
- Financial losses incurred by a policyholder when the insurance company refuses to settle a case
Types of Policy Claims We Handle: We handle a broad range of policy holder claims.
Individual Policyholder Practice
- Homeowner claims , including natural disaster coverage as well as water damage and mold claims and fire loss claims fire loss
- Life insurance claims
- Health insurance/HMO claims
- Private disability insurance claims
- Group disability insurance or health insurance claims (see our ERISA site for information about group insurance policies offered through employers)
- Long-term disability insurance and long-term care insurance claims
- Auto insurance claims
Business Policyholder Practice
- Commercial general liability (CGL) claims
- Directors and Officers (D&O) liability claims
- Fidelity/employee dishonesty claims
- Commercial property and business interruption claims
- General business error and omissions claims and technology errors and omissions claims
- Product liability claims
- Employment practices liability insurance
- Construction defect claims
- Environmental liability disputes
- Maritime insurance claims
- Professional liability claims
Other Complex Litigation
- We represent companies such as financial advisor or brokerage firms facing "financial downturn claims" by clients who lost money in their investments. We handle coverage issues arising from broker-dealer financial services policies, including the troubled securities endorsement Policy/Financial Downturn Claims.
Fighting False Charges
Were you accused of insurance fraud or of failing to disclose significant facts prior to being granted insurance? These are tactics insurance companies use to deny claims and cancel policies. We can help you overcome false charges against you.
Tough Negotiators, Passionate Trial Lawyers
To discuss your insurance claim problem, contact Pillsbury Levinson & Coleman, LLP . From our law offices in San Francisco, we represent clients throughout California and across the nation.